Old December 21st 18, 12:22 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Neil[_9_]

Default Finally got to the point where no new camera holds my interest(waiting for specific offering)

On 12/21/2018 3:21 AM, RichA wrote:
On Thursday, 20 December 2018 18:31:07 UTC-5, Neil wrote:
On 12/20/2018 12:07 AM, RichA wrote:
[...] I like the reach you get with smaller sensors. Often, I've been able to frame-fill wildlife shots with m4/3rds while others couldn't owing to lack of long enough lenses, plus I avoid the bulk of larger-sensor equipment. [...]

Comments such as this puzzle me. Are you under the impression that the
smaller sensors convert your normal-range lenses into telephoto lenses
because of the cropped view?

--
best regards,

Neil

No, but until FF hits 80mp, on average I'll get closer to an animal or bird and get more pixels (and more detail on it) on it than someone with a FF camera. Leaving off wildlife photo experts who hide in blinds all day that is. I've seen this happen on more than once.

In your example, I doubt that m-pixel density is the most important
factor since someone with a telephoto can walk closer to the subject,
too, if the subject is willing to stay put. I'd go with lens quality
over m-pixels in this situation, and there are several excellent
telephoto lenses available that will easily outperform normal lenses for
wildlife photography.

--
best regards,

Neil