Old June 6th 07, 04:00 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
John McWilliams

Default which PC

Scott Schuckert wrote:
In article , Shawn
Hirn wrote:

Consider a Mac; there are several models to look at. With a Mac, you get
Apple's world class customer service, tops in user friendliness, tops in
reliability, and the ability to run all Windows and Mac software. Out of
the box, the Mac will come with a very good tool to work with photos.

What he said. For the most part, you're using application software like
Photoshop, so re-learning your applications isn't an issue; in fact
re-buying it may not be either. Adobe offers an exchange where you can
swap your software for the Mac versions for just a few dollars.

And as stated, if for some reason you need specific Windows apps or
even want to go back to Windows entirely, you can keep the Macintosh
hardware. I know a few people who've bought high end Macs specifically
to run Windows because THEY WERE A BETTER VALUE.

While Apple refuses to compete in the bottom end of the market, their
better computers are actually cheaper than an equivalent PC.

So, it's cheaper, better made, better supported, may not require
retraining or repurchasing software, and will run virtually anything
out there - Windows, OSX, Linux... Seems like an easy choice.

I guess for so many years when the Mac was more expensive on the simple
test of cpu speed I now have a hard time thinking of the Mac as cheaper
in upfront costs. Even if it costs more initially, and clearly it always
doesn't, it's much cheaper to run in terms of maintenance and
reliability. (time=money). Not to mention more aesthetic than the boxes,
and more fun. Unless you're a gamer, then bye-bye.

An easy choice for those of us not tethered to some corporation with a
huge self fulfilling IT department.

--
John McWilliams