Old March 2nd 04, 05:10 AM
MikeWhy

Default Digital cameras hold value?

"Stacey" wrote in message
So a $5000 camera isn't worth getting fixed? I'm willing to bet a $5000

film
camera would be worth fixing no matter how old it was.

I think you're just being daft. The $5000 didn't pay for solid mechanicals
or optics. It paid for the pioneering R&D. My father bought one of the first
TI SR-50 calculators when I was in high school. Today, simple four function
calculators are trade show throw aways; nobody even wants them, let alone
are willing to pay for them. By way of further analogy, how much would you
pay today for an original brick car phone?