Old October 15th 05, 03:41 AM
Gregory Blank

Default Ries double-tilt head (was My RIES tripod mod)

The Ries double tilt is a great tool for View Camera use
I will never go back to using a ball head. The rule of thumb
for me is level the head and then place the camera. I carry
a small level on my key chain for the purpose.

In article ,
(Will Wagner) wrote:

In article .com,
wrote:
I love everything about my Ries sticks and double-tilt head.

I've seen some pics of those heads, and they look pretty cool - how
are they in use? I'm using a ballhead right now, and it's just very
difficult to level the camera, even with a half-dozen spirit levels all
over the place. The old "stick, then move too much" gig is just a PITA.
The Ries head looks like it would be a lot easier to use in that respect.
Also, would it mount on a set of Gitzo legs?

Thanks,

Will

--
LF Website @
http://members.verizon.net/~gregoryblank

to the American public."--Theodore Roosevelt, May 7, 1918