Old April 13th 17, 10:21 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

Default Nikon releases...another black DSLR...ho hum...

On 2017-04-13 21:07:57 +0000, said:

On Tue, 11 Apr 2017 22:09:02 -0700 (PDT), Rich A
wrote:

Nothing against the camera, I'm sure (unless there is a QC glitch)
it'll be very capable. But does it really help them as much as say...a
new, solid mirrorless would?

https://www.dpreview.com/news/974351...ent=8532141441

Since

this one is a slightly dumbd down D500 I think the chances of a
QC issue are much less than if it were new tech. I'm sure it's a very
capable cam, but it is just another undifferentiated SLR to me.

Then again, maybe I'm just a bit jaded by it all lately.

Yup! Nikon is doing all it can to protect D500 sales. The D7500 is
enough of a dumbed down D500 with the second SD slot removed and the
remaining one downgraded to UI. Quite frankly the D7200 is the best
value among the Nikon consumer APS-C DSLRs, and it is a better
performer than the D7500.

Who is actually going to buy this sham D500 when the real thing is
available for not much more?

Savageduck