Old February 27th 18, 08:16 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.windows7.general
nospam

Default A simple way to transfer photos from your phone to Windows without installing anything on either

In article , ultred
ragnusen wrote:

The whole saga is over and done with since Microsoft can't recover the
operating system they, themselves, bricked, and where two different
Microsoft Retail store employees told me this is very common, where they
get a system bricked by the Windows 10 update at least once a day.

big deal. there more than half a billion win10 users. once a day per
store is nothing.

You talk like the developers I used to work with long ago, where they
figured bugs were just something that you have to learn to live with.

all software has bugs.

the reality is that win10 bricking is extremely rare and in your case,
it's almost certainly due to something you did rather than microsoft's
error.

It's a big deal when a mandatory Microsoft Windows 10 Pro update bricks the
system. It's due to poor coding. Very poor coding. Lousy testing too.

you have no idea what the cause is, nor do the 'geniuses' at the
microsoft store.

but to re-use your usual (ignorant) line, microsoft obviously doesn't
test their software in the real world.

Interestingly, the Microsoft retail store in the middle of Silicon Valley
is directly across the aisle from the Apple Sto

the microsoft stores are almost always near apple stores, except
they're a *lot* less crowded, often with the only people in them being
staff.

Interestingly, when I dropped off my computer at the Microsoft Store
earlier this week for them to fail at unbricking the operating system, I
snapped a few pictures within seconds of each other of the two stores,
which are directly across the hall from each other in Santa Clara
California.

your pictures prove my point.

as far as I
can tell, only about twice the size.

that depends on the store. some apple stores are *huge* and the older
smaller ones are being expanded or relocated.

This is the one in Santa Clara California, where the Microsoft Store is
clearly huge compared to the Apple Store.

invalid sample size.

the union square san francisco apple store was *huge*, much bigger than
any mall store. i haven't been to the new one yet, but it's reportedly
bigger.

there are even bigger apple stores than those.