Old July 5th 04, 07:06 PM
Roger Halstead

Default Digital camera versus Digital Film Scanner

On 4 Jul 2004 12:26:56 -0700, (Bob C) wrote:

I have spent a little time (too much) examining nagatives and slides
under a microscope, and found that there is a great deal of detail
that simply does not come out with normal digital printing you get at
most photo labs. A small object I can see on a negative will appear
as pixels on a print or .JPG file. I don't know what resolution is
required to get all the information, but I suspect it's not far short
of 4000 dpi.

At 4000 dpi from a Nikon LS5000 ED I can see the grain patterns at 20,
although it's very tiny, in Kodak Gold ASA 100, Ektachrome 100, and
Fuji 100 slides and negatives.

(N833R, S# CD-2 Worlds oldest Debonair)
www.rogerhalstead.com