Old September 17th 18, 03:40 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Bill W

Default iPad Users - The Latest release of Affinity Photo fo iPad is available

On Sun, 16 Sep 2018 19:19:57 -0700, Savageduck
wrote:

On Sep 16, 2018, Bill W wrote
(in ):

On Sun, 16 Sep 2018 02:56:10 -0700, Savageduck
wrote:

On Sep 15, 2018, Bill W wrote
(in ):

On Fri, 14 Sep 2018 23:48:12 -0700, Savageduck
wrote:

Those of you who are using most iPads, Affinity Photo for iPad 1.6.9 has
been released with a discount for $13.99. This give you powerful photo
editing on an iPad, with good compatibility with LR CC. (It works best on an iPad Pro.)

https://affinity.serif.com/en-us/photo/ipad/

Have you had any problem with crashes? I fumbled around a bit on the
iPad Pro 10.5 just to check it out, and it froze within a few minutes.

I haven’t experienced any freeze, or crash when using AP on my iPad Pro,
yet, even when processing RAW files. I am using an 512GB 10.5” iPad Pro. I have
used AP as a standalone and together with Lightroom CC.

Have you gone through their set of built-in tutorial videos? I have found
that doing that before tackling too much makes dealing with the learning curve
of a different UI to PS, and/or LR a simpler experience.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5r2mfhxxigk0wgn/IMG_4505e.jpg?dl=0

I do need to go through the tutorials before I start actually using
it. That might be a few weeks at least. And I think I have an idea
what happened - I was playing with the spot removal, and I didn't
realize that I had kept selecting areas, and more areas, and more
areas, and I tried dragging things around over and over. When I tapped
on things to select, there doesn't appear to be any visual feedback on
what I selected, and worse yet, I can't find a "reset" button. More
reasons to go through the instructions. I did notice the '?' button
for help, but that's for little girls, right?

Just like Photoshop there is a fairly steep learning curve with Affinity Photo,
whether it is the desktop, or the iPad edition. With either version you have a
powerful photo editor.

Yep, I am looking forward to it. I also ordered a couple of those
Samyang fast primes (35 & 85) that are pretty inexpensive, but get
great reviews for IQ. So if I ever get moved, I will have even more
incentive to get back to actually taking some photos. Right now, my
big photography plans are taking photos for my home listing. Moving is
hard.