Old November 17th 17, 12:02 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
android

Default Cheap SD Cards

In article ,
RichA wrote:

On Thursday, 16 November 2017 18:49:46 UTC-8, PeterN wrote:
Sunday I did a quick sunset shoot. Out of 46 images, several had weird
colors in unusual portions of the images. Magenta, purple and blue. The
weird colors did not show up when being viewed in Windows explorer, but
were evident in LR. The strange colors did not show up in Bridge, unless
I opened the image in ACR. The weird colors were quite evident in the
On1 browser and in Capture NXD. I must add that more weird colored
images showed up when viewed in the On1 browser, than with any other
method. My conclusion is that the corruption was caused by a bad card.
I am not interested in placing blame. I am interested in the problem not
recurring. For the first time since I've been shooting digital, I used a
card other than Lexar or Sandisk. Fortunately, those shots were just
intended to be background sky shots, so i had no real loss. It is
however the first time I have had files that were corrupted. I am
writing this to blow off some steam, and remind others who may have been
getting away with using cheap cards, that they have been lucky.

--
PeterN

Don't think though that Sandisk and Lexar are your only choices. Sony,
Kingston, Toshiba, Transcend, etc., have all branded or made decent cards.

The files are digital so if files written to the cards are identical
when read from them then the cards are oki and won't affect the colors
of your captures.
--
teleportation kills