Old August 30th 07, 08:57 PM posted to alt.comp.freeware,rec.photo.digital,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general
Mike S.

Default Is there a freeware windows resource editor to change icon0?

In article ,
Philip Peters wrote:
Is there a freeware windows resource editor to change icon0?

Apparently the icon which is displayed in the Windows XP taskbar for any
running application is the first icon within the EXE file (icon 0) which is
stored inside the executable.

Based on my googling, this has never been asked before in the usenet
history so it's high time we started the definitive thread on changing the
windows taskbar icon for a running program.

Do you know of any free windows utility which manipulates icon[0]?

ResHacker and XN Resource Editor are both freeware resource editors, but I
don't have enough experience with thme to tell if they do exactly what you
want.

I don't have links handy but a Google search should instantly turn up
numerous download sources.