Old December 14th 12, 06:10 AM posted to sci.engr.color,sci.image.processing,rec.photo.darkroom,rec.photo.digital
Dale[_2_]

Default color wheel

On 12/13/2012 12:09 PM, Martin Leese wrote:
Dale wrote:
On 12/12/2012 01:21 PM, Martin Leese wrote:
Dale wrote:
My Uncle is an artist

I have ten years work experience as an imaging system engineer

I was always under the impression that CMY were the color complements
or opposites of RGB

he and apparently many others use a color wheel where the are other
complements or opposites to RGB

What are these "other complements or
opposites to RGB"? I have a friend who is a
photographer. He was taught, and always
refers to, Blue, Red, Yellow filters on his
colour enlarger but, when I looked, these
were simply unusual names for Cyan, Magenta,
Yellow.

does anyone know why this situation is? are there two rights or is
someone wrong?

What you describe is really two *wrongs*, as
human perception uses something close to Lab.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Color_wheel

What this Wikipedia article shows is a
number of different colour wheels. These
are mostly close to Lab (human perception)
where colour opposites are Green/Red and
Blue/Yellow.

Stop trolling.

are you threatening me? I am Cornholio, I need TP for my bunghole

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cornholio#Cornholio

--
Dale