Old January 13th 15, 07:25 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_5_]

Default Lens opinion

On 1/13/2015 12:59 PM, David Taylor wrote:
On 13/01/2015 13:36, PeterN wrote:
[]
Weight is certainly a valid consideration. My 28-300 seems light
compared to my 80-400
For photo shoots I am not quite ready to sacrifice quality for the
weight savings. I got a small cart with large wheels to carry the
necessary equiptment & chair on beaches.

http://www.amazon.com/Tommy-Bahama-Terrain-Beach-Cart/dp/B004TM0ZQO/ref=sr_1_1/192-0037037-2233109?ie=UTF8&qid=1421155975&sr=8-1&keywords=beach+cart+tommy+bahama

http://tinyurl.com/p2v6w24

OK! Frequently I have to carry everything myself, and I have no car or
van so rely on public transport. Often I'm travelling with groups where
photography is not the group's prime purpose, so speed is also
essential, often ruling out changing lenses.

Interesting to compare our different needs and solutions!

Yup! Especially since as hobbyists our "needs" are not really necessary,
but they are perceived.

--
PeterN