Old October 17th 08, 01:50 PM posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Jean-David Beyer

Default A new film from Kodak.

Geoffrey S. Mendelson wrote:
Jean-David Beyer wrote:
I forgot: the film came in metal cans with a screw-cap on them, with a
trace of rubber-like compound where the cap touched the top of the can.

You forgot the most important part. You could open the cassettes by
banging them on a table, and then re-use them.

I am not that old. The ones from Kodak that I remember were always crimped
on, so you had to remove them with a "church key." I do remember doing that
with Ilford film, though. I have a bunch of plastic cassettes with a
screw-on cap that I reload. But I do not shoot a lot of 35mm anymore. And I
load sheet film holders by hand.

^^-^^ 08:45:01 up 22 days, 9:47, 3 users, load average: 4.39, 4.25, 4.25