Old February 17th 05, 11:38 PM
Brian C. Baird

In article , says...
According to dPreview.com, it's introduced at the same price the Digital
Rebel was. $899 body, $999 kit.

"Uh-oh" say the other manufacturers. Uh-oh indeed.

I suspect at this price it will have the same "plastic cheeseball"
construction as the Rebel-D?

No more plastic than any of the other sub $1,000 dSLRs.

The D70 might feel more solid... but it isn't.

I tried out a Rebel-D and thought it was ghastly. Couldn't imagine
anyone buying one. Then again, there's lots of ghastly things that sell
very well. Ever heard a Britney Spears CD? ;-)

Well, the photo quality and lens selection is what made people buy the
D-Rebel.

As for Ms. Spears... no. And no.
--
http://www.pbase.com/bcbaird/