Old July 12th 04, 12:59 PM
TP

Default 300d black body

"Bodo Malo" wrote:

Sorry, I thought you asked about both cameras - D70 and E1

Yes, I did. But I own the E-1.

The E1 has also a good picture quality, but much more noise at high iso levels (800, 1600)
Also I think the camera is too expensive and doesn't offer a lot of lenses.

I use an E-1 and three lenses for a variety of paid work, and find it
offers outstanding picture quality for a 5MP camera. As it is a very
robust and (sp far completely) reliable pro quality camera body, I
don't think it is expensive compared to its pro quality competition.

However, if you are prepared to accept a consumer-grade standard of
build and feature set, I agree that there are cheaper alternatives.

As for lenses, the Zuiko range for the E-1 is superb. I can also use
most OM Zuiko lenses with an adapter.

I was interested to know whether the Chasseur d'Images report included
the Olympus E-1.