Old June 30th 09, 01:36 AM posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Thor Lancelot Simon

Default Bad E-6 5L kits circulating?

In article ,
Peter wrote:

How much better is it to freeze the chemicals than to keep them at
(say) 40 deg. F?

The rule of thumb is that reaction rate doubles with every 10F increase
in temperature, right? I'd much rather store these sorts of very fickly
solutions at 0F in my freezer than 40F in my fridge.

The downside is that, supposedly, some of the more complex organic
molecules can fractionate out when the solutions are frozen, and then
not go back into solution. I've never, ever seen it happen with C41
and I hope it doesn't happen with E6.

--
Thor Lancelot Simon
"Even experienced UNIX users occasionally enter rm *.* at the UNIX