Old March 8th 09, 04:00 PM
Keith Tapscott. Keith Tapscott. is offline
Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicholas O. Lindan View Post
"Keith Tapscott." wrote

What is your favourite B&W Camera film for general use and what is it
that you like about it?

Depends on the format:

35mm TechPan/Technidol Gives a MF/LF format look while having 35mm
system flexibility in lenses, finders,
viewpoints...
TMX/Microdol-X Very low grain, unfortunately no LF look

120&4x5 TMX/D-76 Low grain, D-76 gives a bit more detail
in the shadows than M-X

8x10: TMY/D-76 Extra grain not much of a concern
extra speed is nice

--
Nicholas O. Lindan, Cleveland, Ohio.
I have used Kodak Technical Pan a few times with the Technidol developer and it produced extraordinary detail and clarity, but I didn`t like the look of the prints for some reason. I also like the T-Max films although I prefer the `LOOK` of the traditional Ilford films.