Old November 28th 04, 04:05 PM
Bob Salomon

In article ylmqd.360224$Pl.76361@pd7tw1no,
Ken Weitzel wrote:

However, trying them should't hurt the device.

Bad advice. NiMh cells out gas and are ventilated. The products that use
them also have to be vented. A classic example occurred a few years ago
with a major brand of underwater flash equipment. Their flash units at
that time were not properly ventilated for NiMh cells and several
exploded while being used with NiMh cells.

There are also other differences between NiMh and alkaline cells besides
the nominal voltage. Things like the discharge curves and the current
rating.

I own an RCA remote for entertainment centers that uses four AAA cells.
I get far longer operation on a set of alkaline cells then I do with
NiMh cells with this system. Unfortunate as I would rather not continue
buying the alkaline cells.

--
To reply no_ HPMarketing Corp.