Old February 22nd 18, 03:10 PM posted to alt.photography,rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_7_]

Default Great Smokey Mountain National Park

On 2/22/2018 5:19 AM, me wrote:
On Tue, 20 Feb 2018 11:23:21 -0500, PeterN
wrote:

I am thinking about going to the Smokey Mountain National Park. Does
anyone here have any information about interesting photo spots, that are
accessible. I cannot climb, or walk more than about half an hour.

If you plan to travel on the BRP keep abreast of closures, planned and
unplanned.

https://www.nps.gov/blri/planyourvisit/roadclosures.htm
https://www.nps.gov/maps/full.html?m....5826/-82.4749

Thanks, that's always a good idea.
I have been on the BRP, and was absolutely fascinated by it. We were
also pleasantly delayed for about an hour by a black bear that decided
to go for a slow walk on the road. There were some parts, where I
stopped to enjoy the view, and was, in my imagination, hearing the
drumbeats of The Army of Northern Virginia marching in the valley below.
I will be traveling North, and haven't decided yet whether I will visit
a friend and former diving buddy who now lives in VA, and go home via I
95, or go to Adams, VA, and photograph the old farmhouses, peanut farms,
and swamps. It all depends on my mood and the weather.

--
PeterN