Old September 18th 18, 03:17 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

Default Apple and computational photography

In article ,
Whisky-dave wrote:

I've been waaiting for the pre exposure
thimng for years and it's only just happened in the photogrphy world.

that's been around for ~20 years.

yes I know I've been using it for years but not with a still camera with a
webcam connected to a computer and it was the software on the computer
that
made it possible it wasn't the camera.

no you don't know. i was talking about still cameras, which have had it
for ~20 years.

which still cameras have had this for 20 years ?

olympus had it 20 years ago but i don't remember the model name. others
did since then. it's trivial to do.

So all smartphones are limited, how long has it taken for smartphones to
be
able to change the aperature, we've had this on cameras for 100+ years.

everything is limited, especially 100 year old film cameras.

yes but they weren't all limited to just one aperture.
Smartphones have been about for nearly 10 years and the cameras apps are just
getting apertures.

so what? smartphones take better photos than 100 year old film cameras.
they take better photos than most film cameras for that matter.

digital cameras can adjust focus and depth of field *after* taking the
picture, something film cameras can't ever do.

what kind of depth map did you get with it?

What do you mean by depth map ?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Depth_map

What diffence does it make whether it's software or hardware as every
company has the same problem(s) which havenlt been overcome yet.

they have been.

They haven't

yes they have.