Old April 2nd 18, 02:58 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
SMS

Default Can Mac Adobe Illustrator read in a Microsoft PowerPoint withfonts?

On 3/28/2018 8:07 PM, Ragnusen Ultred wrote:
Can Mac Adobe Illustrator read in a Microsoft PowerPoint & with fonts?

I have someone making signs for me on a vinyl style printer where she says
she can't read in the Microsoft Powerpoint and fonts, even though I've
embedded the entire truetype set (not just what's used in the document) in
the PowerPoint file.

I don't have a Mac nor Adobe Illustrator to test it out, but can't
Illustrator just read in the PowerPoint file with the fonts?

She says it can't do either, so she has to re-create the sign from a JPEG
which seems pretty ridiculous to me but I don't know the technology at all
since I have never done it.

It's basically two question:
1. Can Mac Adobe Illustrator read in a PowerPoint file from Windows?
2. If yes, can't it get the font out of the embedded font in the PPT file?

When I send signs out to be made I just print the file out to a
high-resolution JPEG in the same ratio of height and width that I want.

I have been using Visio to make signs, which exports directly to a JPEG
in whatever resolution you specify.

There is also PDFcreator which will print to a JPEG from any program
http://download.cnet.com/PDFCreator/3000-18497_4-10558866.html.

I was running into similar problems with fonts from other programs not
transferring, I didn't realize that it was probably due to the person on
the other end using a Mac. I think that they preferred a camera ready
JPEG anyway.