Old March 31st 18, 01:43 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,comp.sys.mac.apps
Ragnusen Ultred

Default Can Mac Adobe Illustrator read in a Microsoft PowerPoint with fonts?

Am Thu, 29 Mar 2018 08:48:34 -0400, schrieb Mayayana:

Please cross-post if necessary, rather than multi-posting.
Your question is being answered in the Win10 group. The
consensus seems to be:

Convert the PPT to PDF. (In MS Office, or failing that,
in Libre Office.)

Import the PDF into Illustrator.

Hi Mayayana,

By now, you realize why you can't have any Apple users on any thread where
you actually expect three things:
a. Technical competency
b. Purposefully helpful responses
c. On-topic technical responses

Over the past two decades, that maxim has held out in spades, where recent
experiments show that it doesn't even matter /what/ the topic is, if the
Apple users are involved, it devolves instantly into childish drivel.

I was wrong when I thought the Apple children just didn't like facts that
were 'inconvenient' for them, such as anything truthful about either iOS or
the Mac OS.

I know this because I ran an experiment earlier this week about cable
strain relief, where I purposefully asked the same question, not as me, of
a set of non-Apple newsgroups, and a set of Apple newsgroups.

Remember, this experiment was about a cable strain relief, for heaven's
sake, which shouldn't /threaten/ the Apple posters in the least - and yet -
as always - the Apple posters alone destroyed the thread!

*Experiment showing the more Apple posters, the more unhelpful garbage*
From: Erholt Rhein
Title: What do you use as a USB cable strain relief?
Newsgroups: alt.windows7.general,comp.sys.mac.system,misc.phon e.mobile.iphone
Proof: https://groups.google.com/d/msg/misc.phone.mobile.iphone/RDTYTGMX_iM/SQmXbIRuBAAJ

*Experiment showing lack of Apple posters always comes to a helpful solution!*
From: Erholt Rhein
Title: What do you use as a USB cable strain relief?
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.repair,comp.mobile.android,alt.hom e.repair
Proof: https://groups.google.com/d/msg/alt.home.repair/bzlhAN_xYOM/OP7iFPBeAgAJ

The proof is astoundingly reliable over the decades, that no matter what
technical question is asked, if Apple posters are involved, the thread will
almost never come to a technical solution - while if you eliminate the
Apple posters, you almost always come to a great solution.

Like all experiments that involve the Apple newsgroups, only the Apple
thread went to hell in a hand basket instantly, simply because when gnats
buzz a picnic, they will /always/ ruin the thread.

Sure, you can attempt to swat away the Apple gnats, or you can try to
ignore them, but the moment these Apple parasites find your picnic, the
thread is as good as ruined already.

Since I only speak valid facts verifiable by any sentient adult, here are
the links to that simple non-operating-system related experiment.

Apple posters posting incessant drivel to the simplest of questions:
Adult posters posting purposefully helpful answers to the same questions:

As just another pertinent example that the Apple posters have no intention
to ever be helpful, nor can they be helpful, just look at this simple
summary from the /same/ thread topic, where the difference between the lack
of technical competence on this newsgroup versus the adult newsgroup is
stellar.

High purposefully unhelpful ratio:
*Can Mac Adobe Illustrator read in a Microsoft PowerPoint with fonts?*
https://groups.google.com/d/msg/rec.photo.digital/zdVFRNwhdA8/UXTcwOiUBgAJ

High purposefully helpful ratio:
*Can Adobe Illustrator read in a Microsoft PowerPoint & with fonts?*
http://www.pcbanter.net/showthread.php?t=1103517

*** *** *Summary of the progress on the _adult_ newsgroups* *** *** ***
0. The best format, by far, for output from PowerPoint 2007 to suck into
Adobe Illustrator is PDF, particularly a PDF with the entire embedded font
set, simply because the /native/ format of Adobe Illustrator /is/ PDF.

1. A screenshot of the template, where the users are instructed they can
change anything but the last line (the ordinance legalities) and the
outside border. For example, if they want to draw a picture, they can, but
nobody bothered. They all just changed the text, which is why PowerPoint is
the right tool for that job.
http://i.cubeupload.com/pK8NQE.gif

2. The powerpoint 2007 file with the entire font set embedded.
http://www27.zippyshare.com/v/H5GDdHA1/file.html

3. The PDF output from PowerPoint, with the entire font set embedded.
http://www27.zippyshare.com/v/abXkQMAN/file.html

4. The entire "Roadgeek Series B Regular" font set, where distribution
requires only that the copyright notice be kept intact.
http://www.fontspace.com/michael-d-adams/roadgeek-2005

5. Free licensed copy of Adobe Illustrator:
https://www.techspot.com/downloads/4948-adobe-creative-suite-free.html

6. Instructions for importing PDF into Adobe Illustrator:
How to edit PDF files in Adobe Illustrator
http://blog.globalizationpartners.com/using-pdf-in-illustrator-when-source-files-are-lost.aspx

Search archived for leverage at:
http://tinyurl.com/alt-comp-os-windows-10
*** *** *Summary of the progress on the _adult_ newsgroups* *** *** ***

More proof positive of the same purposefully uhhelpful posts when Apple
respondents are involved is provided in this factual summary thread:
https://groups.google.com/d/msg/comp.sys.mac.system/HS86K5NJBgU/zcn_LvqcBgAJ