Old January 5th 05, 07:37 PM
Kit Bonin

Default NEF transfer from Mac OSX or OS9 to Windows XP

Hi and thanks in advance,

I have a problem viewing NEF files on my PC (running Windows XP) after
transferring them from my Mac (OSX,10.3). I transfer them by either CD
or compact flash card. When I attempt to view them with Nikon Browser by
clicking the folder that they are in, the program crashes. If I attempt
to open them with Adobe Photoshop 6.0 or 7.0 the program does not crash,
but it is unable to read the files. If I convert them to either jpg or
tif files prior to transferring them, I have no problem. It seems to be
related to the file. I also attempted the transfer using Mac OS9 with
the same problems. I have no problems viewing NEF files downloaded
straight from my camera (Nikon D100) to my PC. Thanks.