Old April 1st 13, 01:43 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Wolfgang Weisselberg

Default Is it really illegal to snap a picture of a clerk in a PostOffice?

Jennifer Murphy wrote:
On Sat, 30 Mar 2013 02:14:30 +0000 (UTC), "Danny D."

May I ask:
Legally, in California, in a Post Office, when nobody objects,
is it against the law to snap a photograph or otherwise record
the transaction?

I have no idea what the law is about taking the photo, but I'm pretty
sure that whether anyone objects or not is irrelevent. Otherwise, I
could walk into a store, take what I want, and leave. If no one
objected, I'd be in the clear.

So you're one of the people that claim photography will steal
your soul, or at least deprive you of cash or goods?

How about looking at something in a store, memorizing prices (or
even writing them down!) and then buying where it is cheapest?
That *does* real financial damage to all the stores where you
didn't buy! There must be a law where you must buy whatever
you look at in a store to protect the rights of the storekeepers
everywhere!

-Wolfgang