Old March 8th 15, 07:53 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
android

Default Nikon D750 - Report from a fanboi

In article ,
Eric Stevens wrote:

On Sun, 08 Mar 2015 04:59:06 +0100, android wrote:

In article ,
nospam wrote:

In article , PeterN
wrote:

As I've written befo I think that the D750 is the true
successor to
the D300s. What's your take?

In my case, it's the successor to the D300, which in turn was the
successor to the D70.

it may have been what you bought after owning a d70 but that doesn't
make it a successor.

the d300 was *not* a successor of the d70. it was the successor of
the
d200 which was the successor of the d100.

the d70 was a consumer slr, which was succeeded by the d80, d90 and
then the d5000 series.

While there was a very noticable jump from the
D70 to the D300 there seems to be an even bigger jump from the D300
the D750.

that's because the d70 and d300 different product tiers and the d300
and d750 are not only different product tiers but also dx/fx.

There is a marked improvement in dynamic range which gives rise to
improved low light shooting at even moderate ISOs.

no ****. the sensor in the d300 is much better than what was in the
d70, plus it didn't have the electronic shutter that hobbled the
d70.

It ain't the camera.

this discussion is.

As I have posted before, my daughter has sold her
images, taken with a D70 and a kit lens, for over $700. She has been
offered one per shows, but turned them down.

what your daughter has sold has absolutely nothing to do with the
sensor, it's resolution and dynamic range or how nikon classifies the
various models.

Uhm!
She still uses it, and her images are still selling.

still missing the point.

ten years ago, a lot of people sold photos from a d70. it was a very
good camera in its day, but those days are *long* gone. even a lowly
d3200 blows it away.

It's still the photographer, not the camera.

it's a bit of both.

Sure, but the dame should probably treat herself and get a new camera,
Unless she finds some esoteric qualities in the D70... If the latter is
the case then she aught to get a case of used ones to replace it with
then it fails... A D70s?

A D70 can be updated to D70s specs.

But... There would be hardware differences. Like the s on the body!

otherwise top photographers would use cellphone cameras.

--
teleportation kills