Old February 1st 14, 06:13 AM posted to sci.engr.color,sci.image.processing,rec.photo.darkroom,rec.photo.digital,comp.soft-sys.matlab
Dale[_4_]

Default color management use-cases

maybe some errors here, I was an image systems engineer not a color
science, although I dabbled in the science when I got the chance and it
was one of my most enjoyable career things

correct me if I am wrong, but I think I got them all except for spot
colors, named colors, color palettes, etc.

also missed editing profiles

I do not know if ICC http://www.color.org has a white paper on use-cases
but they should

maybe I will make a free opensource imaging suite out of these, I know a
little about data-flow and object-oriented architecture, design and
programming

I know a little about bitmap creation and editing
I know a little about vector creation and editing
I know a little about page layout
I know a little about RIPs, renderers, etc.
I know a little about central storage/sharing

I just get stuck learning IDEs like netbeans and give up on regular
programming when I have to write a file library or something, I do
better with MATLAB, SAS, etc.

the Eikonix/Kodak group was going to make a central color server for
various people working on the same thing, they showed it in DRUPA once,
didn't have some things like account management, and various suite
considerations, just a bitmap thing, etc., or maybe it would have gone over

--
Dale