Old October 31st 18, 08:41 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Eric Stevens

Default Got to admit; when Windows fails, it does so spectacularly.

On Tue, 30 Oct 2018 21:58:21 -0400, nospam
wrote:

In article , Eric Stevens
wrote:

Done all that. My problem is that any attempt of Dell to contact
Corsair gets a response of "You are not authorised to ... " or words
to that effect. I've been through all the settings that I (and others)
can think of and they are identical on both machines. Yet Corsair is
succesful in contacting Dell while Dell is unsuccesful in getting a
useful response from Corsair. The problem may lie in the fact that
Corsair is W10 Home while Dell is W10 Pro.

You;re not suggesting that thgis is a Windows problem are you ?

Not at all. I've boiled it down to probably being a user name and
password problem. I hope to know later in the day. The problem is that
Windows can do so many things (sometimes in so many different ways)
that unless you know exactly what you are doing you can be brought up
short by a security barrier at almost any stage. What I now have to do
is make sure that he two computers are so configured that they can
actually talk to each other.

it's very clearly a windows problem when it's so much trouble just to
get two computers to talk to each other.

Everything is an XXXXXX problem if you don't know the rules by which
XXXXXX operates.

no.

It certainly works for Windows. It also works for you.

Eric Stevens