Old October 30th 18, 05:48 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

Default Capture One 11 Pro: was - Got to admit; when Windows fails, it does so spectacularly.

On Oct 30, 2018, Neil wrote
(in article ):

On 10/30/2018 9:04 AM, Savageduck wrote:
On Oct 30, 2018, Neil wrote
(in article ):

On 10/28/2018 3:56 PM, Savageduck wrote:
On Oct 28, 2018, Bill W wrote
(in ):

On Sun, 28 Oct 2018 09:51:03 -0700, Savageduck
wrote:

Did you happen to notice that deal for Capture One with Fuji Cameras?
I can't remember all the details, but I think you get lifetime Capture
One with a one-time $200 payment. There's more to it, but I also think
it's limited to working with Fuji photos.

What they have is *Free* Capture One Express Fujifilm which is not fully
featured, and which i have been playing with. Then there is the fully
featured Capture One Pro Fujifilm $199.

https://www.phaseone.com/en/Capture-One/Capture-One-Fujifilm.aspx

There is also a Sony only version.
So, now that 20% of the responses in this topic are yours, perhaps you
could retract your original complaint? ;-)

Naah!

My original complaint regarding Rich’s off topic Windows posts is still
valid. All the Bill W thread drift to a Capture One & Fujifilm question did
was bring things on topic for r.p.d. and I responded to that. Note that in
that digression there was no mention of Windows.

As for my post directly in response to RichA bitching about subject change,
there was no content at all.

Now what do you have to say regarding Capture One & Fujifilm?

All topics have drift if they're long enough, and it's a safe bet that
much of the content will have little to do with the primary focus of the
newsgroup. While I don't think Rich's perspective toward Windows is
either accurate or useful, his comment was aimed at storage, which is
relevant to any newsgroup dedicated to acquiring digital data of any kind.

Ok! Ok! However, his posts are frequently an OT royal PIA which leave me
wondering what his goal, or intent for posting to r.p.d.other than actively
engaging *nospam* might be.

As I don't have a Fujifilm camera, apps dedicated to them have little
interest to me, but I don't have a problem with those who find it useful
information, even if it hijacked the topic. ;-)

Since Capture One Pro is also available as a more general program rather than
their two manufacturer specific versions (Sony, or Fujifilm), any thoughts.

https://www.phaseone.com/en/Capture-One.aspx

Savageduck