Old September 21st 08, 12:53 AM posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Jens Schinkel

Default Do you feel Lucky?

Hi,
some time ago I got some rolls of SHD100 as 120 and some SHD400 as
135-36.
The SHD100 I used for testing my camera, just because it was quite
cheap - but what I found out: The lack of a anti-halation-dye can give
quite interesting shots.
For example (from the test-roll, so this is not an ideal picture, but
it shows what I mean)
http://www.ascholz.homepage.t-online...tmp/mf2_07.jpg and
http://www.ascholz.homepage.t-online...tmp/mf4_14.jpg
(Developed in Rodinal 1+50 for 12min iirc and quite inoptimal scan...)

The SHD400 I have not tried so far, but the first one is ready to be
developed, but what I expect are quite similar results but with the
grain of a 400ASA-film.

For me the Lucky is a quite nice film if I need this effect, otherwise
I would prefer other films...
Sadly there is afaik no one in Germany (and in Europe?) importing
those films and the Austrian dealer (fotoriegler.at) has sold his last
Lucky SHDs according to a friend.

Jens