Old November 16th 04, 08:29 PM

Kibo informs me that stated that:

16-bit PS values

[...]
0 0
1 0

[...]
2052 19134

4085 32762

[...]
4095 32768

Does anyone have any idea why they posterize the data even more than the
15-bit limitation?

Off the top of my head, my #1 guess would be that it's a colour-space
conversion. (There are plenty of other possibilities, but that seems by
far the most likely.)

Questions:
What format are you using to store your artificial data?
What colour-space have you got PS configured to work in?
What rules have you told PS to use when loading a file with a different
model to the default, or no model at all?