Old May 24th 18, 02:17 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Eric Stevens

Default Rear back-up cameras mandated in new cars

On Wed, 23 May 2018 14:04:51 -0400, PeterN
wrote:

On 5/22/2018 6:55 PM, Eric Stevens wrote:
On Mon, 21 May 2018 21:54:19 -0400, PeterN
wrote:

--- snip ---

Yeahh well, we might inform DD that the alaies drove towards Arnhem New
York style... :-))

Sadly, Monty wasn't the only General who sacrificed troops to satisfy
his ego. In the past he had been rather careful and conservative. I have
often wondered whether he had bad intelligence, or ignored the reports.

There is clear evidence that he was told all about it at least two
weeks before the landing. I can look up the references (real books -
made of paper) if you like.

So you are saying that he ignored the reports, or were the reports
inaccurate?

Montgomery received the latest updates from Ultra decodes includin the
information that the point where the parachute brigade was intending
to land was now occupied by a battle hardened SS Panzer Corps which
had just returned from the eastern front. The Corps consisted of 9 and
10 Panzer Divisions and was no bunch of pussycats. Details of this are
listed in 'Ultra Goes to War' by Ronald Lewin. This just happened be
the first relevant book I laid my hands on but there are others which
confirm the details.

Eric Stevens