Old December 7th 06, 01:22 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Jay Beckman

Default There's little left to talk about

"Charles Schuler" wrote in message
. ..
John's post about the "stupidity" of the camera name "Rebel" got me to
thinking; but only after I looked at the long list of responses.
Reasonable posts by naive beginners can get abused here with acerbic and
curt replies, yet the name of a camera gets all sorts of detailed
attention. Totally off-topic posts (e.g. Islam) are also doing a great
job of garnering numerous and lengthy responses.

My conclusion is that there is that not all that much left to talk about
regarding DSLRs (or debate) because the new cameras are so much better
than most user's skill sets.

Tear me up and set me on fire.

Happy Holidays!

Charles,

It's not just this newsgroup.

Usenet in general seems to be going through some kind of bizarre
sociological sunspot cycle.

I subsribe to photo groups and groups related to flying and being a private
pilot. I realize that Usenet is the electronic equivalent of the wild, wild
west but all of these groups are just baraged with the most inane crap these
days. Trolls, baiting, name calling and a complete lack of (and disregard
for) educated opinions that foster discussion. Instead, all I see lately is
"I'm right, you're wrong and F*ck You if you disagree..."

The old joke used to be the screen that would someday pop up and say "You've
reached the end of the Internet, please go back."

I think it ought to read, "You've reached the end of Usenet as a source of
entertainment or information, good bye and good luck."

YMMV...

Regards,

Jay Beckman
Chandler, AZ