Old March 2nd 04, 02:55 AM
Stacey

Default Digital cameras hold value?

MikeWhy wrote:

"Stacey" wrote in message
I'm being daft? Of course the $5000 wasn't buying solid mechaincals or
optics. You think the $1000+ digicam you buy today is any different?

People
are raving about those digital rebels but in 6 months to a year will be a
"dinasour" that people will laugh about anyone trying to -seriously- use
one.

Or just stubborn. :-)

I get 8x10s cleaner than 35mm. That's a meaningful and lasting hallmark;
it won't be obsolete any time soon.

Time will tell. I've been listening to the "It's as good as 35mm" for years
and every new batch of cameras people keep claiming the same thing so
either the cameras aren't getting any better or someone is jumping the gun.

OTOH I hate watching something I pay $1000 for end up being worth $20 in a
few years. Most of my film cameras are worth more than I paid for them and
digicams sure don't seem to hold any value, hence the name of the thread?

BTW are your "cleaner than 35mm" digishots done vs scanned film?
--

Stacey