Old February 8th 19, 10:50 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Commander Kinsey

Default Whisky-dave - something for your Uni?

On Mon, 04 Feb 2019 10:50:42 -0000, Whisky-dave wrote:

On Friday, 1 February 2019 19:46:34 UTC, Commander Kinsey wrote:
On Fri, 01 Feb 2019 12:19:26 -0000, Whisky-dave wrote:

On Thursday, 31 January 2019 17:21:14 UTC, Commander Kinsey wrote:
On Thu, 31 Jan 2019 17:09:41 -0000, David B. "David wrote:

On 31/01/2019 14:47, Savageduck wrote:
Whisky-dave wrote:
On Thursday, 31 January 2019 09:49:57 UTC, David B. wrote:
How do you feel about this product?

https://www.clamxav.com/sectors/education/

Have you 'tested' it?

I remember when Mac users told me Macs couldn't get viruses....

You know all Mac users ?
I;ve had viruss on my Mac in the mid and late 80s under systemm 7.
But we no longer use system 7 or 8 or 9 now.
The viruses weren't very harmful either just a little annoying.
And there was a util called disinfectant that got rid of it, and it didn't need to be run as part of the OS so didn't cause any problems and was free.

You're confirming what I said, Mac users claimed nasty things didn't happen to Macs. But we all know why that's true. **** all people have macs so nobody bothers writing viruses for them!

So there's no virus's then so no problem.

Mac users CLAIM there are no viruses. But there are, just less of them.

According to the latest numbers from NetMarketShare, the Mac now accounts for 9.57 percent of all PCs currently in use. Windows is of course still number one, with 88.77 percent of all usage. (Linux is in third, with 1.65 percent.)3 May 2016

So your '**** all' is quite high in numbers.

It's very low indeed, a ninth of Windows users in fact. Just the weird ones that buy shiny computers instead of functional ones.

So in theory 9.5% of viruses should be Mac but there's no where near that many not even on ein the real world currently.

Erroneous calculation. If you were a criminal like Diesel and wanted to write a nasty virus, you'd do it for maximum impact, you'd write a Windows virus. Almost every virus writer will do the same.

It's because he replied via one of my post and not David B. post.
You relly should understand how kill files work.

I understand how mine works. It works properly.

No it doesn't.

I never see anything underneath anyone I've killfiled. If your killfile can't delete replies to people you don't like, it's a piece of ****.

That's not how kill files work.

It's how mine works, and it's 10 times better. Lets say you fall out with Mr Smith. You killfile him so you don't see his boring posts. But you see every single bloody reply to him, which continues to annoy you. Meanwhile I never see anything written by Mr Smith ever again.

Macs are for people with more money than sense :-) Like BMWs.

Macs are also for people that prefer to get things done rather than worry about the hundrads of thousands of viruses that have been screwing up PCs for years.

I have never been affected by a virus. I just install AVG and forget about it.

But you still need to install it and have it running why.
I have 3 macs running without any virus protection because they don't need it.

How is "having it running" a problem? Like I said, I just install it ONCE.