Old February 4th 19, 05:59 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
[email protected]

Default Panasonic's new FF cameras. 180MP images and no phase focusing

On Sun, 3 Feb 2019 18:15:27 +0100, Alfred Molon
wrote:

In article 59b0aaaa-add5-4c93-b89d-294a9e9f7a71
, says...

Phase focusing never mattered to me because I'm not a sports shooter and most other situations can be accommodated easily enough without it. What it does mean though is no ugly banding in dark areas we've seen with other mirrorless cameras using phase focusing pixels. Also, Panasonic is using sensor-shift to facilitate higher resolution. The samples I've seen clearly show it works. However, Panasonic is concentrating clearly on the high-end as the lenses they are

initially offering are designed and priced to maximize camera output. These cameras would now be the flagships, assuming they keep making m4/3rds models.

Perhaps it's not a camera for sports or fast action.

Maybe not, but if it can't keep up, or exhibits "focus breathing" it
will likely fail since there are other options with PDAF that works.