Old February 4th 19, 02:45 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

Default Whisky-dave - something for your Uni?

In article ,
Whisky-dave wrote:

I remember when Mac users told me Macs couldn't get viruses....

You know all Mac users ?
I;ve had viruss on my Mac in the mid and late 80s under systemm 7.
But we no longer use system 7 or 8 or 9 now.
The viruses weren't very harmful either just a little annoying.
And there was a util called disinfectant that got rid of it, and it
didn't need to be run as part of the OS so didn't cause any problems and
was free.

You're confirming what I said, Mac users claimed nasty things didn't happen
to Macs. But we all know why that's true. **** all people have macs so
nobody bothers writing viruses for them!

So there's no virus's then so no problem.

According to the latest numbers from NetMarketShare, the Mac now accounts for
9.57 percent of all PCs currently in use. Windows is of course still number
one, with 88.77 percent of all usage. (Linux is in third, with 1.65
percent.)3 May 2016

So your '**** all' is quite high in numbers. So in theory 9.5% of viruses
should be Mac but there's no where near that many not even on ein the real
world currently.

netmarketshare is web usage share, not unit share, which is *much*
higher for mac and doesn't matter anyway since the numbers can be
whatever anyone wants them to be.

the reason there's very little mac malware is because writing it is far
more difficult than for windows, making the return on investment not
worthwhile. writing a mac virus is for all intents, not possible.

writing windows and android malware is comparatively easy, which is why
there's a lot of it. it's not a lot of effort to pwn a lot of systems.