Old April 20th 18, 03:39 PM posted to comp.sys.mac.apps,comp.sys.mac.system,rec.photo.digital
Jolly Roger[_2_]

Default Can Mac Adobe Illustrator read in a Microsoft PowerPoint withfonts?

On 2018-04-20 02:12:47 +0000, Alan Baker said:
snip

You declared the Mac version of PowerPoint couldn't handle documents
with fonts embedded.

That is wrong.

No, that is a correct fact. The Mac version of PowerPoint cannot embed
fonts and cannot read fonts embedded using the Windows version.

I'm sorry, but that is incorrect.

While it cannot embed fonts, the Mac version of PowerPoint reads
embedded fonts just fine.

'PowerPoint 2016 for Mac correctly displays fonts that were embedded by
someone using a device running Windows, but it doesn't allow you to
embed fonts.'

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/can-you-embed-fonts-in-powerpoint-2016-for-mac-53046a60-0111-4ca4-bb58-26be3926a9d3

The forum link on that page also says full support is coming in a future
update to Powerpoint for macOS. And if you're really impatient, there's
another program that will let you embed fonts in Powerpoint
presentations on macOS today:

https://www.presentationfontembedder.com

JR