Old April 19th 18, 12:20 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,comp.sys.mac.apps,comp.sys.mac.system
Alan Baker

Default Can Mac Adobe Illustrator read in a Microsoft PowerPoint withfonts?

On 2018-04-18 4:18 PM, Ragnusen Ultred wrote:
Am Wed, 28 Mar 2018 20:07:22 -0700, schrieb Ragnusen Ultred:

Can Mac Adobe Illustrator read in a Microsoft PowerPoint & with fonts?

Update from the printers... the Mac Adobe Illustrator screwed up when it
read in the Window AI file with the fonts converted to shapes.

Bull****.

----- here is the email from the printer -----

We will figure it out. You don't need to do anymore.

When importing a file from an older version of AI into a newer version, the
layers collect information into what are called "compound paths". This
messes up what has been outlined somehow.

I can normally fix it, but the file from you has 10 layers of compound
paths, which is not normal. You didn't do anything wrong.

So it was the 10 layers of compound paths, not the conversion of text to
paths.

I hope to fix this file tomorrow for the guys to get the printing process
going.