Old April 19th 18, 12:18 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,comp.sys.mac.apps,comp.sys.mac.system
Ragnusen Ultred

Default Can Mac Adobe Illustrator read in a Microsoft PowerPoint with fonts?

Am Wed, 28 Mar 2018 20:07:22 -0700, schrieb Ragnusen Ultred:

Can Mac Adobe Illustrator read in a Microsoft PowerPoint & with fonts?

Update from the printers... the Mac Adobe Illustrator screwed up when it
read in the Window AI file with the fonts converted to shapes.

----- here is the email from the printer -----

We will figure it out. You don't need to do anymore.

When importing a file from an older version of AI into a newer version, the
layers collect information into what are called "compound paths". This
messes up what has been outlined somehow.

I can normally fix it, but the file from you has 10 layers of compound
paths, which is not normal. You didn't do anything wrong.

I hope to fix this file tomorrow for the guys to get the printing process
going.