Old September 15th 08, 02:09 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Robert Coe

Default Someone else post a film thread.

On Sun, 14 Sep 2008 12:55:54 -0700, David Nebenzahl
wrote:
: On 9/14/2008 8:24 AM Robert Coe spake thus:
:
: On Sat, 6 Sep 2008 22:05:21 -0700 (PDT), Scott W wrote:
:
: : I note that there has been virtually no threads dealing with film on
: : this group, other then the few I started. If no one else is going
: : start a film related thread then I really don’t want to hear about how
: : this is a 35mm “film” group.
:
: Richard Nixon always claimed that a vast "Silent Majority" of
: American voters favored his policies (such as maintaining an "enemies
: list" and prolonging the Vietnam war). When the Watergate scandal
: broke and the future of his presidency was in doubt, Nixon's
: retainers couldn't understand why this Silent Majority didn't finally
: break their silence and rally to his defense. The answer was quite
: simple: the Silent Majority didn't exist except in their (and
: Nixon's) imaginations.
:
: I know two (2) photographers who I think still use film.
:
: Note that this may say more about you than about how many photographers
: still use film.

Really? What does it say about me? That I associate only with digital
photographers? That film photographers won't associate with me? That I have
any control at all over what equipment others use? (Well, I have bought my
wife a couple of digital cameras. But her old Nikkormat is still in the closet
if she ever wanted to use it.)

It's over, David. Time to move on. You know those guys who drive antique cars
in Fourth of July parades? You're their photographic equivalent. But even they
drive real cars the other 364 days of the year.

Bob