Old November 3rd 17, 02:16 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

Default Windows 10. Horrible!

In article , Mayayana
wrote:

I don't know about you but my compter isn't.
I've disabled networking functions and blocked
risky ports. By networking I don't mean connecting
to the Internet. I mean being part of a network,
with things like remote running of software, file
sharing, etc.

the 1980s wants you back.

The corporate model is like a house with no
front door lock but a lock on every cabinet and
door inside. The network is trused. The person
using the computer is not. The SOHo model is
the opposite. The person using the computer is
trusted but the Internet is not. Windows is designed
to be a corporate workstation. Highly risky networking
functionality that most people don't need is enabled
by default.

one reason why it's so vulnerable.

| So why weren't Macs compromised ?

Macs are safer because Apple closely controls the
system.

nope.

it's because macs are inherently more secure and it's a *lot* harder to
compromise them.

Macs are the AOL of computers.

meaningless idiocy.

You get
less control but in exchange you get more stability
and security without needing to understand it.

nonsense. there's as much control as the user wants to exert.

this has been explained to you before.

Macs
are also a very small minority of computers.

not really.

for photography, video and graphic arts, macs are very widespread.

for other segments, they're not.

pick the best tool for the job.

only ignorant consumers would buy based on popularity rather than how
well it can handle a given task.

Big with
phones, but almost non-existent in places like
hospitals and police depts and other corporate locations
being attacked.

wrong, but even if that's true, so what?

mcdonald's sells the most hamburgers. that doesn't mean they're any
good.

But be patient. Macs will get their chance, I'm sure.

they're doing exceptionally well, despite your protesting.