Old December 1st 04, 11:35 AM
Louie Powell

(Stephan Goldstein) wrote in
:

When I was in high school (1970s) I had a 15W red-colored bulb
that fit a standard US light socket that I used as a safelight. It was
a "Mazda"-type bulb, i.e. unfrosted with visible filament and red-
colored glass. During my life's travels that bulb has disappeared,
but now I find myself in need of it or something like it. I looked
on the B&H site but saw nothing like this. Does anyone still
sell these? Yes, I know other solutions are possible, but this
would be by far the least expensive way to shed a little safe light
in a dark corner of my B&W darkroom.

TIA

Steve

Steve - it is still possible to get those small (15 w) red bulbs that
have a standard Mazda base and that are slightly smaller than a golf
ball. I would look at Home Despot or Lowes. I used one of those when I
first set up a darkroom, and I still get it out if I need an additional
safelight in a dark corner of my darkroom.

Louie