Old June 25th 15, 12:27 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
MB[_4_]

Default The insatiable greed everywhere is stifling creativity and opportunity

On 25/06/2015 05:07, PeterN wrote:
On 6/24/2015 4:37 PM, MB wrote:
On 24/06/2015 15:19, PeterN wrote:
No so sure. A talented amateur takes a cityscape. He likes it so much
that he enters it in a competition. In many competitions the entrant
must certify in essence, that the image does not violate any copyright
regulations and that the entrant has created and owns the submitted
work. With people photography there are established rules and
enforcement procedures. However, with buildings, I see a lot of issues.

How far away from a building before someone no longer needs permission?
A very distinctive building might still be recognisable from many
miles away.

It's a crazy suggestion.

Do you think I am suggesting that rule be adopted?

No, I just added a rhetorical question.