Old September 1st 05, 11:03 AM
McLeod

On 31 Aug 2005 18:46:02 -0700, "Chrlz" wrote:

If the sensor had an extra (or different) color filter, I'm
sure the marketing and PR guys would be trumpeting it.

They were for the last 6 months or so in every magazine ad I saw.

Example please, McLeod? I'm genuinely interested. As I mentioned
above, it would be no real surprise - Sony built the sensor, and they
have already used an RGBE sensor on the F828. But no-one seems to be
trumpeting it now on the D2X (inc. Nikon), and the review sites I've
seen don't mention it.

I'll go back and check the advertising. I couldn't find any info
online. I know information is downloaded from the sensor in 4
channels (2 for the green)...but I was sure they were saying they had
an extra colour filter as well.