Old August 16th 04, 04:09 AM
M. Souris

Don't know what you mean by a CC flash card. The 5050 works superbly
with compact flash cards, up to 2 gb capacity, I believe. I use 512
mb cards with no problem.

On Sun, 15 Aug 2004 19:37:24 -0400, Ken Scharf
wrote:

I just bought a new (well factory recondit) C5050 camera.
I chose the 5050 over the 5060 because it had several features
I prefered over the newer model such as faster lens, could still
use smart media cards, use of AA batteries.

I tried using a sandisk 512mb cc flash in the camera but it
wouldn't work (no card message). Fuji and Olympus XD cards
work fine, as do my old SM cards.

Is this camera just being picky on CC flash brands, or does it
have a problem with the larger cards. Or does it only work
with the micro drives? (Or could the CC flash slot be
broken?)

I don't own any CC flash cards (I returned the Sandisk one to
Costco and got a 256mb XD in exchange). Except for being
a bit more expensive the XD cards work fine, and are available
in the same density as the CC flash cards so not using them
isn't a big deal. (I wouldn't use the micro drives today,
since real memory is now as dense, and better. The micro
drives were a good idea last year and earlier).