Old June 17th 18, 04:09 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_7_]

Default Meaning of ISO value in digital photography?

On 6/15/2018 7:49 PM, Jim-P wrote:

snip

I wonder what the cost is for a point and shoot giving pictures a notch
above a smartphone.

If you like smart phone photography, by all means you should continue
with it. There are some photo artists who do a lot of good work with
smart phones. This year NECCC is having a lot of time devoted to the
smart phone. Tony Sweet, also is a smart phone enthusiast, as well as
being a highly talented artist and a good person..
https://www.slickpic.com/blog/interview-tony-sweet/
I have not specifically answered your question, because there is no
answer. Some smart phones can be expensive,n while some P&S cameras can
be very cheap, or priced higher than a smart phone.
It's whatever you prefer working with.

--
PeterN