Old June 15th 18, 08:28 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Ken Hart[_4_]

Default Life Magazine - Some of the Pros

On 06/14/2018 11:58 PM, PeterN wrote:
On 6/14/2018 9:44 PM, Ken Hart wrote:
On 06/14/2018 03:29 PM, PeterN wrote:
On 6/14/2018 3:12 PM, Ken Hart wrote:
On 06/14/2018 01:21 PM, PeterN wrote:
On 6/13/2018 9:40 PM, croy wrote:
I can't remember where I got this foldout, but here is a scan,
just for fun:

https://ibb.co/cJR3Ed

Nice memories. Thanks for posting

Yes, thanks!
I noted that there wasn't a single cell phone camera among them!

Nor did I see the Sherpas who carried those long lenses

I don't know what focal length the tripod mounted lens on the right
(between the lab-coated gentlemen) is, but it looks a bit similar to
my Canon 1200mm lenses. And I don't use no sherpas when I carry it to
the top of the Tuscarora Mountain. Of course there is a parking area
off of PA-74 about 300' from the overlook.

You are probably a lot younger than I, and definitely in better physical
condition. Tomorrow, i will see how far I can carry my 80-400, with a
tripod and chair, on the sand. I did get a Tommy Bahama cart, which helps.

My first Social Security retirement check was last month (I decided on
the early option at 62), and I'm constantly fighting the battle of the
bulge. But next weekend, I'll be carrying as much gear as possible
around the Gettysburg battlefields and hiking the PA Canal in Juniata
County when I go to the annual family reunion.

--
Ken Hart