Old June 9th 18, 06:38 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
David Taylor

Default End Of An Era:

On 07/06/2018 20:14, gray_wolf wrote:
[]
I was shooting film until the end of 2006. I had a Nikon 90s and a
Hasselblad 500CM,
and a 4x5 Linhof color 45.
I still have the 'blad, Linhof and JOBO stuff.Â* Still miss my darkroom.
But Photoshop has added
another dimension to digital in post editing. Film was an era for me.
There's nothing like working with a 4x5 or even a 6x6 to make you slow
down and think.

Using an iPad as camera goes a little way towards slowing you down and
making you think. I still prefer something smaller and easier to carry,
though, and try to get the images right "in-the-camera" rather than
relying on post-processing.

--
Cheers,
David