Old June 4th 18, 06:52 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Neil[_9_]

Default Weird windows 10 glitch

On 6/4/2018 9:52 AM, Whisky-dave wrote:
On Monday, 4 June 2018 13:54:35 UTC+1, Neil wrote:
On 6/4/2018 5:41 AM, Whisky-dave wrote:
On Friday, 1 June 2018 17:45:59 UTC+1, Neil wrote:
On 6/1/2018 10:56 AM, Whisky-dave wrote:
On Friday, 1 June 2018 15:02:16 UTC+1, Neil wrote:

I suspect that a number of photographers who use Windows also use VLC

They probably use a mouse and wear shoes.

???

as
it is a long-used and respected media player on that platform. So,
RichA's question can be seen as verifying that the problem he
experienced is experienced by others, and if so it could have been a VLC
problem that doesn't involve Win10. I don't know of a VLC ng.

Well there is support via https://www.videolan.org/support/

That is not a newsgroup...

So, there's more than one way to find help, sometimes the writers may come up with better solutions than the users.

Although I
would have responded to his question in the Win10 ng, I don't see it as
any more off-topic here than any other app or platform-related post, of
which there have been many.

But it's nothing to do with digital photography, people might have a solution but VLC isn;t the sort of program that photographers would use in photography, you might be better off in a star wars group where VLC player can be used to play star war vids, but not photographic images.

FYI, VLC only works with digital images,

A meaningless statement.

When the context is "troll-snipped" like you did, above, any statement
becomes meaningless.

I did not troll snip .

The context is excluded from the sentence fragment you took issue with.
Even the complete sentence without the rest of the context negates your
response. So, yes, you did indeed troll snip.

so by definition it DOES have
to do with digital photography. It has long been used to organize,
manage, and play slide shows of those images, so it's no more OT than a
question about Lightroom or any other app used by photographers.

why not ask on a video of film interest good as they are more likely to use VLC player as that's it's main use.

The OP's question was answered by at least one in this ng that uses it
with digital photography. Why go elsewhere when one has the answer?

Perhaps ONE answer isn't enough.

Having not heard another query from the OP leads me to think that
perhaps he got what he needed.

--
best regards,

Neil