Old June 4th 18, 05:13 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

Default The GIMP 2.10 Is Out

In article , android
wrote:

Having 16 bit channels dates from November 1992 (version 2.5):
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adobe_Photoshop_version_history

Know that! The problem was lack of 16bit support for the plugins, which
is crucial for working with Photoshop the Photoshop way.

That was true for some plugins, not all. IIRC NIK and Topaz worked fine
in 16 bit mode. i am not aware of any that work in LAB mode, but then
when I work in LAB mode I really don't need plugins.

16bit support was enabled in CS according to the Wikipedia page sited...

nope. it was added in 2.5.

read it again.